Forestry Insurance Information
WoodlandCover provides 3
categories of forestry insurance.
Want a quote now?
Download and fill
our proposal form and send it ontoday (if you have a species map send a copy too)
1: Cover (for fire and special perils) for investment loss (loss
of growth) is arranged as follows:
- up to receipt of first grant on a reinstatement basis.
Please be sure to specify on
the proposal form if you require this cover.
- next twenty years - on the basis of Averaged Specified Value, which
is based on species, age, yield class and a discount rate (basically the investment loss due to delay in reaching harvesting age
if the plantation was damaged by, for instance, fire). We can calculate the Specified Value once we
have the basic data.
- thereafter - on the basis of Net Discounted
2: Cover for Reconstitution of Woodlands - replanting of your forestry investment following loss
caused by fire or wind damage
Reconstitution/Replanting Cover is based on tables of indicative costs and varies with age and
tree type (conifers / broadleaves). Indicative levels of cover are guide figures only. Your forest manager,
being familiar with your property, is best placed to consider such matters and review the appropriate
cover level. Insurers reserve the right to limit the level of cover.
3: Public Liability cover
Public Liability (PL) insurance indemnifies the insured in respect of any legal liability to pay
damages as a result of accidental bodily injury and/or property damage to third parties arising in connection
with the relevant forest business of the insured. Given that forests are generally accessible to the public
it is advisable to have PL cover.
Some features of WOODLANDCOVER Insurance Scheme:
- Low minimum premium, low policy excess, automatic renewal
- Optional cover for Reconstitution (replanting)
- Cover for Fire Brigade and fire fighting
costs (subject to current limit)
- Cover level is related to the age, area and productivity of your
forest - pay only for what you need; update annually if there are
- Cover includes walls, gates or fences if damaged in the same
wind or fire incident
- Cover is available for Windblow when you need it
- Almost thirty years experience
- Prompt and professional assistance with claims
- Payment options include cheque, credit card and